I’m so excited to introduce you all to Meghan from Playground ParkBench! Be sure to check out her blog for more delicious recipes!
Pasta is always a crowd pleaser at our house, but there are only so many nights in a row I can dish up mac and cheese or ‘plain noodles’. Fortunately, my girls have recently decided they like chicken, dramatically expanding our culinary possibilities. This Real Mom Meal turns Chicken Parmesan, an Italian restaurant classic, into a one dish weeknight family-friendly meal requiring just 15 minutes of active prep!
Real Mom Meals
No matter your level of culinary expertise, preparing meals for your family every night in the midst of your household chaos demands recipes that are quick, easy with minimal clean-up. Enter Real Mom Meals. Healthy, family-friendly meal ideas, requiring as little prep and as few dishes as possible. This Baked Chicken Parmesan Casserole is a perfect example!
Baked Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Turn your family’s favorite Italian restaurant order into a one dish casserole, with just 15 minutes of preparation. No messy grease or frying pans involved.
Real Mom Meal Served
Dish up bowls of pasta, sauce, chicken and melty cheese in one scoop. Serve with a simple salad or steamed veggies for a well-rounded meal, with minimal clean-up.
If you love this post, be sure to check out the complete Real Mom Meals series at Playground Parkbench. You can also find all my favorite recipes from around the web on my Gotta Eat! and Crockpot Meals recipes on Pinterest.
Love it? Pin This!
- 1 lb Rotini pasta (cooked)
- 1 28 oz can Tuttorosso Crushed Tomatoes with Basil
- 2 lbs Boneless Chicken Tenders
- 1 TBSP fresh basil (chopped) or 1 tsp dried basil
- Adobo All Purpose Seasoning, to taste
- 1-2 cups Whole Milk Mozzerella, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil and drain pasta. Rinse boneless chicken tenders and pat dry.
- Spray 9x13 casserole pan with cooking spray. Add rotini pasta. Top with ½ the can of Crushed Tomatoes with basil.
- Add boneless chicken tenders on top of sauce in one even layer.
- Sprinkle tenders with Adobo seasoning, to taste, and fresh basil.
- Top seasoned chicken tenders with remaining crushed tomatoes.
- Sprinkle top of casserole with even layers of shredded mozzarella followed by shredded parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Broil on high for 5 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown and crisp.
More about Meghan: Meghan is founder and creator at Playground Parkbench. A former hedge fund analyst turned SAHM, she has 3 kids under 5. She shares parenting tips, kids activities, and household financial savvy for parents everywhere. Join her on the Playground Parkbench for her latest series, Real Mom Meals, for more quick and easy, weeknight family meals.
Leave a Reply