I have switched over just about all of my cleaning supplies to ones that are chemical-free and I make myself. Everything from laundry soap to toilet bowl cleaner is made here at home, by me. Homemade cleaners are a lot easier to make than you might think, and I love that they are completely safe to use around the kids and pets.
This chemical-free cleaning spray is what I like to call my purification cleaner. It is great for glass and hard surfaces like counter tops, appliances, sinks and I even use it on the walls!
It is a great all purpose cleaner to keep in your kitchen or bathroom and only takes a few ingredients to make.
Chemical-Free Cleaning Spray Recipe
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup distilled water
- 20 drops Purification Essential Oil (a young living blend)
- Add all three ingredients to a spray bottle and shake to mix well. Then get cleaning!
- Glass bottles are always best to use when working with essential oils. The oils can actually break down the plastic and then the chemicals from your plastic bottles will leech into your cleaning solution. Yuck!
- I prefer to use microfiber cloths to sponges. They are quick to drop in the hot wash when you are done with them to rid them of any bacterial you may have picked up along the way.
- I do not recommend this solution to be used on wood, leather or fabric. It is meant to be a hard surface cleaner for glass, stone, plastic, etc.
By now I’m sure you have at least heard of all of the benefits of essential oils. I can tell you that my family uses them everyday in our cleaning and beauty supplies, aromatically, and topically. The house, the kids, even the dog benefits from the use of essential oils!
If you would like to get started, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting the premium starter kit from Young Living Essential Oils. It is the best deal out there and comes with everything you need to get started with everyday oil use – included the Purification Oil mentioned in this recipe!