I cannot take credit for this one but HAD to share it with all of you.
As most of you know we are on Deployment #2 and Megan, one of my bestest friends ever gave this to me after my husband left. This was such a sweet gesture and going through everything that she put together made me feel that much more capable. Okay, okay, I’m not going to lie it also made me cry. But more importantly, reading each of the inscriptions made me realize that we CAN raise our children when they are away, we CAN keep up the house and the yard and the cars when they are away, and we CAN continue on with our lives while they are away because of one thing; EACHOTHER! There is nothing like another Military wife to understand all of the ups and downs and be there for you through it all.
So….what’s in the Deployment Survival Kit?
- Marbles; for when you’ve lost yours
- Worry Stone; to take your worries away
- Stationary; for all the letters you’ll be writing
- Pen; to sign your X’s and O’s
- Sucker; because deployments suck
- Kleenex; to wipe away all the tears
- Flashlight; to remind you that there is light at the end of the tunnel
- Paperclip; to help you hold it all together
- Mounds Bar; to remind you of the “mounds” of love and support you have from family and friends
- Laffy Taffy; to remind you to laugh
- Hershey’s Kisses; to remind you of your Marines Kisses
- Life Savers; to remind you that you are one
She also included a picture frame with a beautiful print of encouraging words and a copy of The Silent Rank by Elizabeth Soutter Shwarzer. If you’ve never read it, you MUST! (I’d write it out here but then I’d just start crying again).
Megan~ Thank you so much for this! You have been such an amazing friend!!!