We have recently been eliminating gluten from my youngest child’s diet. The first of foods to eliminate to see if it will effect her eczema or not. Since we are not eliminating Gluten from everyone’s diet, it makes it a lot easier to just sub out some foods for her. Last night we had one of our family favorites, orange chicken, which is obviously NOT Gluten Free. I went ahead and made enough brown rice and regular orange chicken for the rest of the family and decided to make up a quick smaller batch of orange chicken for Pixi, gluten free. It turned out really good and was very simple to make. I hope you enjoy our Gluten Free Orange Chicken recipe.
Gluten Free Orange Chicken:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch “nuggets”
- 1/2-1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman gluten free soy sauce (important that you use a GF soy sauce as regular is made with wheat)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
1. Heat oil in frying pan on med-high heat
2. Coat chicken pieces in egg and then toss in coconut flour to cook
3. Cook chicken in oil, 3-4 minutes each side or until done
4. Meanwhile, whisk together orange juice, GF soy sauce, honey, and corn starch in a small bowl.
5. Cook sauce in a small sauce pan on medium-high heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
6. Remove chicken from pan and toss in orang sauce to cover.
Serve with brown rice. Enjoy!