Today we are going after the Laundry Room (or in my case, the little corner of my garage where my washer/dryer live). As we move forward with our challenge we will be spending quite a bit of time here so I figured it is a great place to start with our deep clean.
So, here is what we are working on today:
- Clear off dryer and shelving
- Clean out cupboards
- Wipe Down Washer/Dryer
- Sweep Behind Washer/Dryer
- Organize Cleaning Products
**Bonus: Do a load or two of laundry!**
*As with any deep clean, I recommend cleaning from Top to Bottom and Back to Front. This will eliminate any extra work and cut down on cleaning time. It took about an hour for my Laundry Area.
Products I used:
- For cleaning I used a simple vinegar/water solution and paper towels. I thoroughly spray all surfaces including shelves, cabinet doors, washer and dryer surfaces and lids, and the inside of all baskets.
- The Blue Baskets pictured above are stackable and I bought them at dollar tree…I love cheap organizing! The hold items such as sunscreen and umbrellas and we each have our own basket for when things are left behind in pockets or in the car.
- I store my laundry in a three compartment hamper similar to THIS one.
Some of you had mentioned that one of your problem areas is keeping up with the basics while doing a deep clean. I have a few tips on Keeping the Clean that you may be interested in.