Wundergirl is starting the 1st grade which means this year she’ll be at school ALL day and bringing her lunch with her. Luckily, after a few years of Adventures we’ve learned a thing or two about packing a lunch. Here are some of my favorites for packing a healthy lunch.
1. Insulated Luch Box~ I let Wundergirl pick out a new lunch box each year. Insulated is best to help keep food cold. This one is from the Disney Store and matches her new backpack.
2. Sandwich Box/Cold Pack~ A sandwich box that keeps food cold is ideal. We found this box by Aladdin at Target. It has a removable ice pod for easy freezing, is BPA free, and dishwasher safe.
3. Thermos Food Jars~ Thermous makes a variety of food containers and these are perfect for keeping food hot or cold. Double wall vacuum insulation and unbreakable stainless steal.
4. Reusable Water Bottle~ Kids are active and water is a must, but I’m not a fan of drinking fountains. A sturdy, easy to clean, refillable water bottle is the perfect lunch box companion. We like this BPA free bottle with a pop up spout from Embark, sold at Target.
5. Plastic Silverware~ I often pack fruit, salads, or pastas that require the use of utensils. This set is reusable and stacks together for easy packing.
Leave a Reply