Easy DIY Craft – make a Trolls Hair Headband for a fun costume or kids party
We saw the movie Trolls and my girls instantly fell in love! The singing, the dancing, the bright colors and ALL THE HAPPY – it was right up their ally.
Anytime we find a new favorite character we of course, need to make our own costumes and accessories to go with them – because it’s always more fun when you can dress up as your favorite character! Princess Poppy and the Trolls were no exception, Trolls Hair was a must!!
I created this fun Trolls Hair for my girls to dress up with and they were so ecstatic about it that I new I needed to show you all how to make it too. What a perfect way to play make believe or to use for a fun party favor at a Trolls themed Birthday Party!
DIY Trolls Hair
- Place a dot of hot glue onto the plastic headband and adhere the end of the ribbon. Continuing to dot the hot glue along the edge of the headband, wrap the ribbon around it until completely covered.
- Cut approximately 15 pieces of tulle, roughly 16″ in length.
- Using the Tutu tying technique, tie the tulle onto the headband.
- Secure the top of the tulle with a bow as shown in the picture.
- Add silk flowers along the headband with hot glue.
Watch the video to see how we made it:
Detailed instructions on how to tie the tulle can be found in our Make Your Own Tutu instructional post.
MORE FUN WITH TULLE AND TUTUS