Mardi Gras isn’t just for adults – in fact, we celebrate Fat Tuesday with the kids every year! Have some fun with these Mardi Gras Kids Activities
As our family observes Lent, we like to make a big deal about that famed day before Ash Wednesday and have a party full of Mardi Gras kids activities. It is the last day to really indulge before the 40 days of Lenten prayer, fasting, and almsgiving begin. There is always festive crafts, food, and lots of fun!
You might be looking for Mardi Gras activities for your classroom or just for some fun to do at home with your own kids – this list has everything that we enjoy doing with our kids year after year.
If you like our Mardi Gras kids activities be sure to head over to our Mardi Gras Pinterest Board if you are looking for more ideas and check out all the fun we have planned for Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day too!
Mardi Gras Activities for Kids
Invite your friends over or enjoy some fun with your classmates with these mardi gras kids activities. We’ve have enjoyed all of these activities with older kids in youth group and just at home with our young kids – whatever the age, it is always a good time!
- Make Mardi Gras Beads with Dyed Pasta
- Make twizzler mardi gras beads
- Decorate a Paper Plate Mardi Gras mask
- make a tambourine with a paper plate
- Decorate bikes and wagons and have a parade through the neighborhood
- Dance to the music of your tambourine and homemade shakers
- Play with some fun Mardi Gras Slime