In April I was on my way back from Phoenix and found myself with some extra time in the airport. I decided to grab lunch at La Grande Orange Cafe and had a delicious Kale and Quinoa salad. Because of the amazing superfoods that are Kale and Quinoa and the fact that it was so yummy, I decided to try to create something similar here at home and I will call this one a success!
- Generous portion of shredded Kale, I used about 2 cups (I buy bunches of Kale and shred it myself but you can also buy pre shredded bagged mixes at Vons)
- 1/2 a carrot shredded
- handful of grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked Quinoa
- Optional: Sunflower seeds and fresh parmesan (I didn’t have these or I definitely would have added them)
Lemon Vinaigrette (whisk together):
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard (I used stone ground but regular would be fine)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- squeeze of Agave sweetner
Drizzle the vinaigrette on top of salad (I didn’t quite need all of the dressing) and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply