**Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Skechers. Although am being compensated for my work, all opinions expressed are my own***
I have been blessed with three beautifully active children. They are full of boundless energy, are constantly moving and always looking for some thing new to be a part of. I am so thankful, that they happy and healthy. But that means that I need to remain Happy and Healthy so that I can continue to be an active part of their lives.
They have all joined the elementary school’s running club and each week I watch them. Even the youngest (who is 4) gets out there and runs with her brother and sister. I watch them take on the challenge of running, some mornings making it nearly 3 miles in the 30 minutes before class starts, and I am so impressed with their fortitude. These children motivate me to be my best, and although most may think that means being their for them, and caring for them, it also means remaining healthy. My health is what keeps me moving and I want to remain that way for as long as I can. I want to see graduations and weddings and grandbabies. I want to be there for every up and every down that life brings to them.
I have always been a reluctant runner, but as I stand there and cheer on my children and their friends, offering encouragements like “keep moving”, “don’t give up”, and “you can do this”, I look to myself. Daily exercise is part of remaining healthy and if the kids can do it so can I!
Running (or walking) is a great form of exercise as it takes nothing but a little bit of motivation to get started. You don’t need any equipment, or a membership to a gym. All you have to do is lace up and go. Even I can do that!
As a female, general health is not the only things to think about. I know the odds are against me when it comes to Breast Cancer. You see, not only do an estimated 12.3% of all US women develop Breast Cancer (or 1 in 8) but 5-10% of all Breast Cancers are thought to be hereditary. My maternal great-grandmother died from this disease long before I was born and long before we had all taken up the fight against Breast Cancer. Then, 20+ years ago my maternal grandmother was diagnosed. She had a successful surgery and has been cancer free ever since! According to the American Cancer Society those with an abnormal BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene can have up to an 80% risk of being diagnosed (average ranges are 55-65%). Although I do not know whether or not anyone in my family, or myself, has an abnormal gene those are numbers I do NOT like.
I am so excited to work with Skechers and showcase their performance division awareness line. Skechers has teamed up with the American Cancer Society to help the fight against breast cancer. A disease that effects women of all shapes, sizes and ages.
The American Cancer Society is doing the most to help fight this disease, which is why Skechers performance has chosen to partner with them.
Skechers Performance Division’s support will help the American Cancer Society continue to invest in ground breaking research, provide comprehensive support to people diagnosed with breast cancer, and advocate for laws that ensure access for women who need it so more lives are saved.
In addition to the “Awareness” footwear and apparel line, Skechers Performance Division supporting American Cancer Society in several ways. Skechers Performance Division is offering a donation to American Cancer Society, and all of the Skechers Performance Division Awareness apparel and footwear will feature the ACS logo and messaging. Skechers is hosting the American Cancer Society San Francisco Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk, and will be donating a percentage of proceeds from the sales of Skechers shoes on-site that day.
I have to be honest, I have no worn Skechers in many years, and I had no idea that they had a performance division. When I received my shoes and put them on, WOW was I impressed! Not only were they totally adorable, they are incredibly comfortable too. Each of the shoes in the awareness performance line consist of soft heather grey and pale pink colors (love!) and are equipped with innovative technology to provide comfort and functionality.
The Skechers Performance Division Awareness footwear line consists of the following shoes and features:
Designed for speed with innovative performance technologies to promote a midfoot strike, it fosters a barefoot running experience while offering cushioning and impact protection.
• Improved breathability and flexibility
• Roomy forefoot. 3 layer Power-prene mesh on front panel allows for support while offering ample room for toe splay
• GOimpulse sensors offer flexibility and feedback for a responsive running experience
• M-Strike Technology™ promotes a midfoot strike
• Custom Fit insole is removable for an even more minimal feel
• 4mm Heel Drop to bring you closer to a natural barefoot experience
• Resalyte™ Midsole – Proprietary lightweight injection-molded compound with memory retention helps absorb impact
• Nearly seamless flexible mesh upper with lace up front
Textured mesh fabric and synthetic upper in a lace up athletic fitness cross training sneaker with Resalyte midsole and stabilized sole.
• Designed for gym fitness training
• Provides comfort and support for multiple gym fitness training activities
• Super lightweight Resalyte™ outsole with multi-flex grooves
• Modern fit anatomical last provides medial and lateral support and stability
• Engineered to promote a midfoot strike
• Anti microbial footbed keeps shoes fresh
Designed with innovative Skechers Performance Division technologies and materials, it’s built from top to bottom specifically for walking.
– V-Stride technology features unique angled outsole that complements a natural walking gait and promotes fluid stride transitions
– Quick-Fit Portal on heel for easy on, easy off convenience
– Go sockless – Integrated OrthoLite® anti-microbial sockliner helps inhibit odor and prevent slippage
– Resalyte™ Midsole – proprietary lightweight injection-molded compound with memory retention helps absorb impact
– Independent circular GOimpulse sensors offer flexibility and feedback for a more responsive walking experience
– A multi-directional traction motif helps enhance footing control
Skechers GOwalk 2 Flash – Awareness
Designed with innovative Skechers Performance Division technologies and materials, it’s built from top to bottom specifically for walking. Goga Mat Technology comfort insole. Breast Cancer Awareness edition.
• V-Stride technology features unique angled outsole that complements a natural walking gait and promotes fluid stride transitions
• Structured breathable mesh at front for cooling comfort
• Engineered Stability Mesh side panels provide lateral support
• Go sockless – Integrated OrthoLite® anti-microbial sockliner helps inhibit odor and prevent slippage
• Goga Mat Technology cushioned comfort insole
• Resalyte™ Midsole proprietary lightweight injection-molded compound with memory retention helps absorb impact
• Independent circular GOimpulse sensors offer flexibility and feedback for a more responsive walking experience
• A multi-directional traction motif helps enhance footing control
Skechers GOrun Sprint – Awareness
Quicken the pace with the Skechers GOrun Sprint shoe. One piece knit mesh upper in a lightweight athletic running sneaker with Resalyte cushioning and midfoot strike design.
• One piece knit mesh fabric upper
• Lightweight, breathable mesh with stabilizing knit panels
• Resalyte cushioning midsole
• M Strike midfoot strike engineered design
• Ortholite insole
• Larger tongue for added cushioning and support
Jill Will Run says
Rachael Wunderlich says
Theresa (Capri + 3) says
Debbie @ Live from La Quinta says
Maggie Unzueta @ Mama Maggie's Kitchen says
Rachael Wunderlich says