This is quite possibly the easiest DIY project ever. I will show you how to turn a plastic Jack-o-lantern into great fall décor, and it is so easy and inexpensive to do. A plastic Jack-o-Lantern bucket can be found for $1 wherever they sell most Halloween costumes and decorations. All you need is a few supplies and you’re ready to go!
The idea to turn this Jack-O-Lantern into Fall décor came to me when I saw THIS tutorial for a terra cotta pumpkin. It is a great work of art, but more work than I was willing to do on the fly. And I much prefer gold to terra cotta.
Turn a Plastic Jack-O-Lantern Into Fall Decor
- Plastic Jack-O-Lantern Pumpkin
- Can of Spray Paint in Choice of Color
- Fall Silk Flowers ($1 each at the Dollar Tree)
- Small Vase ($1 at the the Dollar Tree) or Mason Jar
- Cut handle off of plastic Jack-O-Lantern
- Spray with paint to completely cover, let dry
- place flowers into vase
- place vase inside pumpkin
And there you have it! Easy Fall Décor made from a plastic Jack-O-Lantern. Since it is not Halloween yet, I have it turned to the back, showing just the pumpkin. As I decorate for Halloween I can just turn the Jack-O-Lantern face to the front.
I will also be making several of these to place by the front door and using real mums. How will you use your pumpkins?
Mama Mary says
Maggie Unzueta @ Mama Maggie's Kitchen says
Theresa (Capri + 3) says