I love fall foods, they’re delicious and comforting. This crock pot butternut squash soup hits both of those marks.
Yesterday I had had enough of the heat (it’s been in the high 80’s and 90’s for the last couple months), and decided I was not going to wait for Mother Nature to calm down to start my Fall. But, it’s still too hot to be cooking in the kitchen which makes a crock pot soup recipe the perfect fit!
This crock pot Butternut Squash soup is easy, delicious, and perfect for an Autumn dinner.
Crock Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Large Butternut Squash (peeled and cut into one inch chunks)
- 2 small or 1 large Sweet Potato (peeled and cut into one inch chunks)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) of Chicken Broth
- 1 can of Coconut Milk (credit to my Mama for this ingredient!)
- Salt and Pepper (I use Jane’s Krazy Mixed Up Salt)
Place the squash, onion, and chicken broth into a crockpot. Cook on High 3-4 hours, until squash is very soft.
Pour the squash mixture into the blender and blend until smooth. You may need to do this in sections a few cups at a time.
Return the blended squash mixture back to the crock pot and set to low. Stir in the can of coconut milk and add salt and pepper to taste. (you may have to add about 1/2-1 cup of lowfat milk as well….the potatoes make it extra thick and creamy!)
Continue to cook for 30-45 minutes.