Last year I decided that we needed to dye some pasta, and guess what?! We’re doing it again this year!
Dyed pasta is the perfect, inexpensive way for the kids to make beaded necklaces, and with Mardi Gras coming up (Februar 13th, mark your calendar!) we are going to need some beaded necklaces!
What you need:
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Food Coloring
- Glass Jars
- Pour pasta into the glass jars leaving enough room for the pasta to move around.
- Add in food coloring (I let the kids do this part so they added quite a bit)
- Pour in a tablespoon or two of rubbing alcohol-enough to cover the bottom of the jar
- cover tightly with lids
- shake jars until pasta is completely covered
- Leave the jars closed all day (we left ours for about 8 hours) making sure to shake them every so often to keep the pasta evenly coated.
- Pour the pasta out onto paper towels and let dry over night
I am so excited that we tried this and that it was so easy! I see endless crafting possibilities in our future 🙂
***WORD OF CAUTION: The smell of the Alcohol when the pasta was spread out onto the towels is VERY strong. I had all of the kitchen windows open and ended up taking them outside for about an hour and then switch the alcohol soaked paper towels for dry ones when I brought them back in.